What to expect in worship:
- Our worship services are different each time we gather, but contain many of the same elements.
- One week we might start with a hymn, the next week with a praise song from the UCC praise and worship song book, or a simple chorus. Our choir is a dedicated bunch who look forward to bringing the musical word each week.
- Our time of prayer is an opportunity to praise God for the joys in our lives and to bring to God those things which are making our hearts heavy. We sometimes respond as one to prayers, at other times we're asked to be one with God individually. There are times when we draw on our bulletins in prayer or list the things that are on our minds.
- Pastor Scott preaches from the lectionary (an established series of readings from the Bible) in an accessible down-to-earth style. His messages focus on the practical, frequently reminding us of the cost and joy of discipleship in the twenty-first century. Pastor Scott strives to have one "take away" from the message each week.
- We have childcare available during worship, though children are always welcome in worship. We realize sometimes parents need a break and want to worship distraction-free. If infant care is needed, please call the church at 516-766-2975 on the Thursday or Friday before so that we can make the appropriate arrangements for you.
After worship fellowship:
- Every week following worship we have a time of fellowship in Rickert Hall (right across from the sanctuary). Generally there's coffee and lemonade and healthy snacks and baked goods (which might not be quite as healthy!). We realize that engaging in fellowship with people you don't know is a challenge, so when we extend the invitation, feel free to say "thanks, but not today." For the more adventurous, you'll find us easy to talk with and eager to hear your story.